Monday, September 19, 2011
Step by Step Instructions on How to Make a Twitter Profile for Your Business
If you and your business have not expanded into the social media circuit, one of the easiest and most efficient sites would be Twitter. This account is easy to set up and maintain. These are the steps to create a Twitter profile:
1. Navigate to webpage www.twitter.com
2. Enter business name/ your full name, business email, and a password in the fields given. Then click on “Sign up”.
3. A username can be either created by you or chosen from the suggestions given by Twitter.
4. Read the Terms and Conditions.
a. If in agreement, click the link I Agree to Terms and Conditions and then Click “Sign Up.
5. Click on the icon in the uppermost right hand corner and scroll down to the “Settings” link.
6. Click the fifth link in the center of the page labeled “Profile”.
a. From here you can change the profile image, your location, your website, and your biography.
i. You can only have one image on Twitter which is your profile image.
ii. Your location can be just a city, state, country, or continent. This is your choice.
iii. The biography can only be 140 characters. So make sure that is describes your business.
7. Click on the sixth link to change the design of your profile. You can use the Twitter template or create your own.
a. There are multiple sites and resources to get Twitter backgrounds.
b. There are different items that have to be decided upon if you do the background yourself.
c. After changing your profile design, click “Save Changes”
8. Click on the “Who to Follow” link to find people to follow or insert the email of a client/friend and start following them.
9. The next hard task is to create your first tweet. Tweets are short and sweet with a 140 character limit so make it count.
See the @DEIntercorp Twitter page for an example. There are also many tools that can be used for your Twitter Profile. We will be introducing useful Twitter tools in our next post.
Post a Comment