Small Business Reading Room


Friday, June 24, 2011

Maryland Commemorative License Plates

Has anyone noticed the "new" Maryland license plate? It took me a while, but I finally got curious about it.


The plate commemorates the 200th anniversary of two major events in American history, which occurred during the war of 1812. The first being our victory in the Battle of Baltimore, fought in 1814 in the defense of Fort McHenry. The second being a poem written by Francis Scott Key, who observed the battle from the deck of a ship. The poem was later set to music and became known as "The Star-Spangled Banner".


Looking for information, to a question that occurred to me while sitting behind a Maryland car in traffic, has inspired me to include a trip to Fort McHenry into my summer plans! It has also caused some eye rolling from my kids as I regale them with my newly acquired knowledge.
0 comments


0 Comments:

Post a Comment




link to Atom Feed
links

magazines

blogs

Archives

Delaware Intercorp, Inc.
113 Barksdale Professional center
Newark, DE 19711-3258

"For all the best reasons to incorporate,the best place
is Delaware and the best incorporator is
Delaware Intercorp!"

Call Monday - Friday 09:00 (am) - 17:00 (pm) Eastern Time (GMT-05:00)

Toll Free - USA only - 888.324.1817
International: (1) 302.266.9367
FAX: 302.266.9940
Email: info@delawareintercorp.com